Friday, September 14, 2012

#LINVASION European Edition -- Checking In

September 14, 2012

     Today, I arrived in the Netherlands and moved into the castle. (See how I slipped that in there, so nonchalantly?)
     I also wrote my parents an e-mail to let them know that I was alive. I wanted to express how much I loved my room (IN THE TOWER OF THE CASTLE), so I began the letter in the vein of one of my family's favorite musicals. Then, I realized that once I finished my e-mail I would have to do real work, so it evolved into this:


Dearest darlingest Momsie and Popsicle,

There's been no confusion over rooming here at Well
But of course, I'll care for my health
But of course, I already love it
For I know that's how you'd want me to respond, yes
There's been no confusion 
For you see, my room is an
Unusually and exceedingly beautiful
And altogether quite impossible to describe
QUAD. 

What is this feeling?
So sudden and new
I felt the moment
I opened the door
My floor is wooden
My bed is lofted
They gave me flatware
What is this feeling?
Fervid as a flame
Does it have a name?
Yessssss
LOVING 
UNADULTERATED LOVING

For the walls
The floor
The windows
Let's just say-- I love it all
Every little trait however small
Makes my very eyes begin to bawl (with tears of joy)
With simple utter loving
There's a strange exhilaration
In such fulfilled expectation
It's so pure, so strong!
Though I do admit it came on fast,
Still I do believe that it can last
And I will be loving
Loving my room
The whole semester long!

Love,
      Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment