Wednesday, June 13, 2012

#servergirlstruggz -- My Defiled Sanctuary

June 12, 2012


       So, this didn't happen to me while I was work but it is a continuation of the "Call Me Maybe" situation from the last post. I could probably categorize this moment under normal #lindsaystruggz, also commonly referred to as my life, but it's here for the sake of clarity. At any rate, I was walking out of the sanctuary of any nerd girl (from rural Pennsylvania and lacks other options), Barnes and Noble, when I saw him. Not the guy who asked me out via check, but the friend who had been with him when he made the ballsy, albeit ill-fated, move. It was raining, and right before I was able to open and shrink underneath my umbrella, our eyes met for a damning second. I knew, and he knew, and we both knew that the other knew. My first and only thought was: "Dive! Dive! Dive!" Apparently, when I become flustered, I react like a submarine. 
      The only bright side to this situation is that I looked like a total mess when I was "spotted." I wasn't wearing any make-up and my hair was pulled back in a bumpy, knotty ponytail. This is what I look like when I'm not trying to use the halo effect as part of my money making scheme. Hopefully, as I slid soggily into my car, a text was sent. If I'm lucky, it might have said something like: "Just saw that server girl you asked out. She's not as cute as we originally thought. You really dodged a bullet there." 


The plates aren't the only thing that's a hot mess. #servergirlstruggz 

No comments:

Post a Comment